Posts tagged resources
Posts tagged resources
small tutorial for newbies to anatomy :) hopefully this is understandable and helpful !
To start off Birth Control Appreciation Day, I decided to make an informative masterpost on contraceptives! I hope this helps anyone who may want more information on their birth control or someone trying to decide what kind of birth control is best for themselves! Happy (birth control) hunting! - PaigeDIFFERENT TYPES OF BIRTH CONTROL:
- Birth Control Pills - [x] [x]
- Mini Pill (Progesterone-only Pill) - [x]
- The Patch (Ortho Evra) - [x] [x]
- The Shot (Depo-Provera) - [x] [x]
- Birth Control Sponge - [x] [x]
- Vaginal Ring (Nuva Ring) - [x] [x]
- Spermicide - [x] [x]
- Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon) - [x] [x]
- IUDs (Mirena, Skyla, and ParaGard) - [x] [x]
- Condoms (Male and Female) - [x]
- Withdrawal (Pullout Method) - [x] [x]
- Diaphragm - [x] [x]
- Breastfeeding - [x]
- Cervical Cap - [x] [x]
- Sterilization (Male and Female) - [x]
- Abstinence - [x] [x]
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs) - [x] [x]COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL:
- Do certain medications make my birth control less effective?
- Can I delay or eliminate my period with my birth control?
- Will my pregnancy tests come out with an accurate result while I’m on birth control?
- Can I use several birth control pills at once in replace of an emergency contraceptive?
- Does birth control cause weight gain?
- What should I do if I miss a pill?
- What should I do if the condom breaks or slips off inside of me?
- If I’m on the ring or the patch and I forget to replace it on the right day, do I need to use backup?
- I’ve heard that the birth control ring can pop out. What should I do if this happens?
- Can birth control increase my risk of getting cancer?
- Can you change your mind after having a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
- Is it normal to spot or bleed in between periods while on birth control?
- Does certain hormonal birth controls affect my blood pressure?
- Can being overweight affect my birth control’s effectiveness?
- Can certain birth controls lower my libido?EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVES:
- Types of EC: Plan B / Ella / ParaGard IUD - [x] [x]
- What are emergency contraceptives?
- How do they work?
- How well does it work?
- What are the side effects?
- When should I take an emergency contraceptive?
- Are emergency contraceptives less effective the heavier you are?
- If I am under the age of 18 in the US, can I buy emergency contraceptives without my parent’s knowledge or consent?
- If I take an emergency contraceptive today, am I covered if I have unprotected sex tomorrow?
- Will taking emergency contraceptives too many times affect my fertility?
- To find more questions and answers about emergency contraceptives, you can go here.
- Información anticonceptivos de emergencia es disponible en Español, aquí.OPTIONS FOR PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES AND/OR CERTAIN
- Condoms for people with latex allergies.
- Condoms for vegans. [x] [x] [x]
- Other vegan contraceptive options.
- Different types of birth control without estrogen.
- Contraceptives without any hormones.
- Birth control methods that are useful to people with religious concerns. [x] [x]OTHER BENEFITS OF TAKING BIRTH CONTROL:
- Taking oral contraceptives can help lower the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer.
- Using birth control helps treat acne.
- Birth control can help treat the pain caused by Endomitriosis.
- Contraceptives offer relief to people with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Anemia can be avoided/treated by using birth control.
- Irregular periods can become more regulated by using birth control.
- The pill can lead to fewer ectopic pregnancies.MYTHS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL (All the myths below are dispelled
through the links given):
- Emergency contraceptives and birth control pills cause abortions.
- Free contraceptives and/or condoms makes people participate in risky sexual behavior.
- The pill makes you gain a lot of weight.
- Douching after sex prevents pregnancy.
- You have to start your birth control on a Sunday.
- Taking the pill for a long time can make you infertile.
- Hormonal contraceptives protect you from contracting STIs.
- You don’t need to be on birth control while breastfeeding.
- I won’t get pregnant my first time having sex.
- The Pill is effective immediately after you take it.
- I won’t get pregnant if I shower or pee after sex.
- My body needs a rest from birth control at least once a year.
- Emergency contraceptives are affected by alcohol.
I got some questions about this, and there’s no point in me posting any brush-sets since I basically only use three. I remember when I was new to Photoshop, and I found it really hard to find any good info on how to make my brushes less blurry, so here it is. All of these require a tablet with pen pressure enabled for good results.
The first one is my sketching/lineart brush, which gives a really nice crisp line. I also use this for laying down my flat colors and when I’m doing solid shadows. Since it produces a very thin tip, it’s great for defining hair/fur without much problem.
The second is my main blending brush, which I usually combine with a lower opacity, from 35%-80%, depending on what I’m doing. The “transfer”-option gives a nice texture without being overwhelming.
The third is basically just the same as the blending brush, just with softer edges for, you know, when you need that.
Okay so someone i follow lost all of her custom brushes so i made a masterpost for anybody who needed it
First i have some links:
And now full pictures i found in google a looong time ago:
And last a blog with a bunch of these:
http://ptsbrushes.tumblr.com/ (though it doesn’t update much)
erhmm…yep that’s about it
hrnnnnNNNGGGG I dont even use SAI and I love this. (saves for emergency)
I decided to look into this because of the feature creep thing i reblogged earlier
It’s a pretty neat site! It has a lot of information on things I don’t see covered much, like value contrast, dynamic poses, things like that. There are also a lot of these really neat analyses of pinups, which are pretty insightful
tw: this entire thing is about ‘pin-up research and development’, so there’s a lot of talk about hot girls, boosting the sexiness of your subject, and that sort of thing. it does look like they’re trying to be respectful; most of their blog posts are about straight-up art principles and there are some lady artists represented, but sometimes it can get questionable and i just wanted to warn you guys about that beforehand
I have recently stumbled across a pretty handy website that helps with collecting colors!
This is honestly extremely helpful for those of you who have trouble getting the right colors for things like Hair/Clothes/etc.etc.!
ATTN: I AM ACCEPTING LINKS TO RELEVANT BLOGS. Please send along any that you think should be added to a resources list! Trying to get a Master List going here.
Fuck yeah! (directory)
Magazines / Online Journals:
DarkStocker (Contains content that maybe disturbing. Wounds/gore)
Human-Stock (Is merging with DAPoses - link maybe be invalid later)