Posts tagged resources
Posts tagged resources
This just made my life. No joke. It’s a non-profit organization that “recycles” binders and supplies them to trans/agender/nonbinary youth that either financially can’t afford a proper binder or due to circumstances such as unsupportive parents cant obtain one,for free. I just have to wait until the first week of Sept. to apply for one (they use applications to ween out the people who use them for cosplay and such that way the people who really need them get them) due to a supply shortage. But the first week of Sept is in like a day. And I’m gonna get a proper binder that fits and is safe. And I’m literally in tears right now because I’m so excited! 😂😂😂
#binder #chestbinder #binding
#nonforprofit #transgender #FtM #nonbinary #agender #genderfluid #dysphoria #signalboost #recylcedclothing #free #excited #safebinding #properbinder #thisisprobablythebestthingihaveeverfound #TransActive #GenderCenter
Comment if you want the website! I need to share this with the world!
Hi, can you send the link to this blog? Or you can reblog it here, and I’ll reblog it
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
small tutorial for newbies to anatomy :) hopefully this is understandable and helpful !
To start off Birth Control Appreciation Day, I decided to make an informative masterpost on contraceptives! I hope this helps anyone who may want more information on their birth control or someone trying to decide what kind of birth control is best for themselves! Happy (birth control) hunting! - PaigeDIFFERENT TYPES OF BIRTH CONTROL:
- Birth Control Pills - [x] [x]
- Mini Pill (Progesterone-only Pill) - [x]
- The Patch (Ortho Evra) - [x] [x]
- The Shot (Depo-Provera) - [x] [x]
- Birth Control Sponge - [x] [x]
- Vaginal Ring (Nuva Ring) - [x] [x]
- Spermicide - [x] [x]
- Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon) - [x] [x]
- IUDs (Mirena, Skyla, and ParaGard) - [x] [x]
- Condoms (Male and Female) - [x]
- Withdrawal (Pullout Method) - [x] [x]
- Diaphragm - [x] [x]
- Breastfeeding - [x]
- Cervical Cap - [x] [x]
- Sterilization (Male and Female) - [x]
- Abstinence - [x] [x]
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs) - [x] [x]COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL:
- Do certain medications make my birth control less effective?
- Can I delay or eliminate my period with my birth control?
- Will my pregnancy tests come out with an accurate result while I’m on birth control?
- Can I use several birth control pills at once in replace of an emergency contraceptive?
- Does birth control cause weight gain?
- What should I do if I miss a pill?
- What should I do if the condom breaks or slips off inside of me?
- If I’m on the ring or the patch and I forget to replace it on the right day, do I need to use backup?
- I’ve heard that the birth control ring can pop out. What should I do if this happens?
- Can birth control increase my risk of getting cancer?
- Can you change your mind after having a tubal ligation or vasectomy?
- Is it normal to spot or bleed in between periods while on birth control?
- Does certain hormonal birth controls affect my blood pressure?
- Can being overweight affect my birth control’s effectiveness?
- Can certain birth controls lower my libido?EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVES:
- Types of EC: Plan B / Ella / ParaGard IUD - [x] [x]
- What are emergency contraceptives?
- How do they work?
- How well does it work?
- What are the side effects?
- When should I take an emergency contraceptive?
- Are emergency contraceptives less effective the heavier you are?
- If I am under the age of 18 in the US, can I buy emergency contraceptives without my parent’s knowledge or consent?
- If I take an emergency contraceptive today, am I covered if I have unprotected sex tomorrow?
- Will taking emergency contraceptives too many times affect my fertility?
- To find more questions and answers about emergency contraceptives, you can go here.
- Información anticonceptivos de emergencia es disponible en Español, aquí.OPTIONS FOR PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES AND/OR CERTAIN
- Condoms for people with latex allergies.
- Condoms for vegans. [x] [x] [x]
- Other vegan contraceptive options.
- Different types of birth control without estrogen.
- Contraceptives without any hormones.
- Birth control methods that are useful to people with religious concerns. [x] [x]OTHER BENEFITS OF TAKING BIRTH CONTROL:
- Taking oral contraceptives can help lower the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer.
- Using birth control helps treat acne.
- Birth control can help treat the pain caused by Endomitriosis.
- Contraceptives offer relief to people with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Anemia can be avoided/treated by using birth control.
- Irregular periods can become more regulated by using birth control.
- The pill can lead to fewer ectopic pregnancies.MYTHS ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL (All the myths below are dispelled
through the links given):
- Emergency contraceptives and birth control pills cause abortions.
- Free contraceptives and/or condoms makes people participate in risky sexual behavior.
- The pill makes you gain a lot of weight.
- Douching after sex prevents pregnancy.
- You have to start your birth control on a Sunday.
- Taking the pill for a long time can make you infertile.
- Hormonal contraceptives protect you from contracting STIs.
- You don’t need to be on birth control while breastfeeding.
- I won’t get pregnant my first time having sex.
- The Pill is effective immediately after you take it.
- I won’t get pregnant if I shower or pee after sex.
- My body needs a rest from birth control at least once a year.
- Emergency contraceptives are affected by alcohol.
I got some questions about this, and there’s no point in me posting any brush-sets since I basically only use three. I remember when I was new to Photoshop, and I found it really hard to find any good info on how to make my brushes less blurry, so here it is. All of these require a tablet with pen pressure enabled for good results.
The first one is my sketching/lineart brush, which gives a really nice crisp line. I also use this for laying down my flat colors and when I’m doing solid shadows. Since it produces a very thin tip, it’s great for defining hair/fur without much problem.
The second is my main blending brush, which I usually combine with a lower opacity, from 35%-80%, depending on what I’m doing. The “transfer”-option gives a nice texture without being overwhelming.
The third is basically just the same as the blending brush, just with softer edges for, you know, when you need that.
Okay so someone i follow lost all of her custom brushes so i made a masterpost for anybody who needed it
First i have some links:
And now full pictures i found in google a looong time ago:
And last a blog with a bunch of these:
http://ptsbrushes.tumblr.com/ (though it doesn’t update much)
erhmm…yep that’s about it
hrnnnnNNNGGGG I dont even use SAI and I love this. (saves for emergency)
I decided to look into this because of the feature creep thing i reblogged earlier
It’s a pretty neat site! It has a lot of information on things I don’t see covered much, like value contrast, dynamic poses, things like that. There are also a lot of these really neat analyses of pinups, which are pretty insightful
tw: this entire thing is about ‘pin-up research and development’, so there’s a lot of talk about hot girls, boosting the sexiness of your subject, and that sort of thing. it does look like they’re trying to be respectful; most of their blog posts are about straight-up art principles and there are some lady artists represented, but sometimes it can get questionable and i just wanted to warn you guys about that beforehand
I have recently stumbled across a pretty handy website that helps with collecting colors!
This is honestly extremely helpful for those of you who have trouble getting the right colors for things like Hair/Clothes/etc.etc.!