Posts tagged Video
Posts tagged Video
i struggle with using color properly, so this i’m really digging this video and y’all should too! cool stuff in it for anyone wanting to get better with color use
Wrist, Hand & Finger Stretching Routine. For those tired artsy hands! When it already hurts to draw (or write), we should stop for a moment and then stretch + rest our hands.
I’m gonna take a break and do this for a moment.
Very good for artists to do regularly. Doing these exercises regularly helps prevent long term issues like arthritis and carpal tunnel.
Kaoru Mori drawing a “sketch” for a fan. Also, check out the process videos of her pencilling and inking a gorgeous piece of this same character from her manga “A Bride’s Story”
"We’re trained as children to think in terms of ‘shape’. This is one of the things you have to overcome when learning to be an artist. Seeing shape is fine for some things, but observed drawing is best done in terms of form instead of shape. Shape is a 2D abstraction, form is seeing in 3d - with depth and volume. To finish out perspective week this video provides an exercise to help you envision form. All you need to do is go find some cool pictures of bugs!
Things to consider: Draw through the object, envision the structure.”
How to Shade a Drawing by Stanislav Prokopenko
Sycra Yasin’s Art Help for Beginners!
I don’t, actually! Lets see what I can dig up…
- elfwood.com I like this website because the author of the page explains different methods of using colored pencils with examples for each, and shows an example of them visually. Just looking at each example gives me ideas on how to color something!!
- Portrait-artist.org This website is good to look at after elfwood.com because now you take the techniques shown to you on the last website, and this website gives you examples on how to apply them by layering different colors on top of each other to create shadows.
- Angelstorm-82 This tutorial details what pencil the artist used for each area, which can be useful if you have a similar set of colored pencils.
- Moyan Gives an example of how to set up a ‘colored pencil pallete’ and is a good walkthrough of how the artist re-created their reference image. Also, I believe they use water color pencil for this piece, which is something to check out if you’re interested in that!!
- [VIDEO] PapernLaceprincess How to create a soft, almost ‘blurry’ look using pencil. She also says in the video she’s covered other techniques, so to be sure to check out her channel if you’re interested!
- [VIDEO] Thevirtualinstructor Three different ways to color/shade the same object! A great video showing 3 techniques, allowing the viewer to see the differences between them! I like this video because comparing the three techniques gives you options on what to go with, depending on the effect you want when using colored pencil.